Weather Shield

Historic Windows Light Up Sioux Falls Fire Station and Library

The Sioux Falls East Side Fire Station and Branch Library was constructed in 1916 and co-occupied by the city’s first motorized fire truck crew and its first satellite branch library. Despite opposing requirements for loud vs. quiet, the public servants shared the space until the 1960s. Architect Todd Stone, ceo and principal for Stone Group Architects, had always considered the building, located in Sioux Falls’ Heritage Park, to be a diamond in the rough. Over the years, as it slowly faded into disrepair, he never abandoned his dream of restoring and reawakening its past character. Stone’s vision became reality in 2017 when a decision by city officials allowed him to purch

More